Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-11-2024, 04:22 AM   #2086
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
When I started college, I had an already very old electric clock/alarm with all mechanical controls. The alarm was controlled by a cam with a steep drop enabling a very loud, annoying buzzer, followed by a flat stretch lasting quite a few minutes then a long ramp gradually silencing it. It had no snooze function.

At first I had it by the bed. But I got to where I quickly shut it off and went back to sleep. Then I decided to rest a while with it still going, but would shut it off then go back to sleep. I next moved it further from the bed to force me to get up. I eventually got to where I would just wait it out until it shut itself off. It's amazing what you can get used to.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2024, 08:11 AM   #2087
Renate
Onyx-maniac
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
I've had friends with multiple alarm clocks and they still had to have a friend call them on the phone each morning to be sure.

Me? I wake up at the drop of a pin. The RPMs in my head jump immediately. "What projects do I have to do today?" Sometimes I wish that it was not so.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:25 AM   #2088
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I have four alarms set on my phone, which start ganging up in frequency as the 9-min snoozes start to put them all near in time. I still manage to snooze them all. I've added two physical alarms which are 2 and 3 feet away, but I'm learning how they snooze too.

Note, I'm retired now, so it doesn't matter, but it is starting to get awkward that I get up at 11:00 am and breakfast (brunch) starts at 1:00pm. My body would really prefer a day to be 26 hours long. I never want to stop reading at night, and I never want to stop sleeping in the morning.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:53 AM   #2089
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My Z key decided to be a second W key, a restart fixed it… no idea why.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote