tkshorty began at the beginning.

Device: Koba Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version

2024-05-28
- Add download_finished_signal for Action Chains #1073
- New Site: touchfluffytail.org (#1071) thanks dbhmw

The FFF plugin has a signal it will emit after the "proceed with updating your library" dialog.

The code for the Action Chains Module I tested with is:
Code:
from calibre_plugins.action_chains.events import ChainEvent

class SearchChanged(ChainEvent):

# replace with the name of your event
    name = 'FFF done'

def get_event_signal(self):
        return self.gui.iactions['FanFicFare'].download_finished_signal
All I've done with it is call a chain that printed 'HERE!'.

Hi JimmXinu,

I was told by the author of ActionChains, that if you add the code above to a file called action_chains.py and save that file to the root directory of your plugin it will automatically add this to the imported events in action chain.

I tried this out while only changing the name in your code and it works fine for me.

would you consider adding such a file in a future version?

also a tip for other users:
if you use this and count pages plugin started from FFF you may run into issues if count pages and some actions of your chain run simultainiously. only your action chain or the count pages may be performed for some books. Guess some actions put a lock on some attributes or the whole book.

To prevent this just disable count pages from the FFF plugin in run it from your action chain and set the checkbox to wait for it to finish
tkshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #9707
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
That code & quote are a post I made when I added basic support for Action Chains.

I don't see anything in the Action Chains thread about this recently, so I don't know what capink may have said about it.

There's some discussion from 2021 about action_chains.py, but at the time it was called "Experimental". If there's a post declaring it no longer experimental, I didn't find it.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM   #9708
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It's in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=341497&page=5
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #9709
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released

Version 4.36.0 - 2024-07-01
- Built-in Event For Action Chains plugin
- Catch bad href searches during internal link anchor search.
- adapter_spiritfanfictioncom: use_basic_cache:true
- adapter_spiritfanfictioncom: Cheesy fix for py2 not knowing %z in dates.
- New Site: SpiritFanfiction.com Portuguese language site (#1078) thanks kilandra
- XF2: SB/SV changed the header for thread_status
- adapter_ficbooknet: adapter_ficbooknet: Better fixes for py2 from dbhmw
- adapter_ficbooknet: Fix breakage for proxies & add covers #1077 - #1076, thanks dbhmw

Hopefully I don't regret including this last minute change.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #9710
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
That code & quote are a post I made when I added basic support for Action Chains.

I don't see anything in the Action Chains thread about this recently, so I don't know what capink may have said about it.

There's some discussion from 2021 about action_chains.py, but at the time it was called "Experimental". If there's a post declaring it no longer experimental, I didn't find it.
The action_chain.py part is stable, I have no intention of changing it. I use this in two of my other plugins to provide resources to action chains. So this part went through multiple iterations until it reached this version that I am satisfied with.

The Experimental part has to do with the second modules aspect. This part of the API is not used in any of my plugins, and I am not sure it is currently implemented in the best possible way. I've updated the post to differentiate between the two.

Last edited by capink; Yesterday at 11:55 PM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 AM   #9711
oenwolf
oenwolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bit of a strange request. I have a bunch of ao3 HTML files. The author deleted his stories from the ao3 website, but before deleting he downloaded his stories in the html format, which he provides as an archive.

I'd like to convert them to EPUBs, formatted in the classic FanFicFare way. Is there a way I can feed the html files to fanficfare and have it convert them for me? Maybe through the CLI?

If the code needs to be modified, I'm decent at coding, so if you could provide even a brief roadmap, I'll try my hand at it.
oenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:11 AM   #9712
tkshorty
tkshorty began at the beginning.

Device: Koba Aura
Thumbs up

Quote:
New Version Released

Version 4.36.0 - 2024-07-01
- Built-in Event For Action Chains plugin
- Catch bad href searches during internal link anchor search.
- adapter_spiritfanfictioncom: use_basic_cache:true
- adapter_spiritfanfictioncom: Cheesy fix for py2 not knowing %z in dates.
- New Site: SpiritFanfiction.com Portuguese language site (#1078) thanks kilandra
- XF2: SB/SV changed the header for thread_status
- adapter_ficbooknet: adapter_ficbooknet: Better fixes for py2 from dbhmw
- adapter_ficbooknet: Fix breakage for proxies & add covers #1077 - #1076, thanks dbhmw

Hopefully I don't regret including this last minute change.
Thank you for including it
tkshorty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction