Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 12:19 PM   #76
gordonsj
gordonsj began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, android, kindle
What works for me.

I still use what would seem to be the 'old' method. I download books to a 3rd gen Kindle Keyboard, they show up as azw3 files. I then import to Calibre via a USB connection. The Calibre I use has an older version of DeDRM tools installed with the DRM key of my Kindle installed and the DRM is removed nicely. Only issue is sometimes the old Kindle does not find the book in my library, in that case I push to the device via the Amazon website. Works for KU books as well as purchases.
I might set up a VM to test the new DeDRM tools, as I don't want to risk the setup I have working.
gordonsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #77
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have not seen issues using the new tools with older models serial. You might as at the tools site, if there will be issues.
Simply save your old tools plugin (if you have not kept in in an backup archive)
and install the new Tools.

Remember, the tools do not affect previously cleaned books.

If you are not happy, simply reinstall the old tools plugin
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote