Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-07-2024, 01:21 AM   #3061
trishau
Enthusiast
trishau is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Automatic - default settings. AFAIK - I have never changed anything there. And definitely not changed anything since I removed it and reinstalled!

Last edited by trishau; 08-07-2024 at 01:23 AM. Reason: sp
trishau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #3062
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdy_knowledge View Post
Hi, I'm using the latest version of Calibre on a fully updated Fedora KDE Plasma. When I install Kobo Utilities, I obviously need to restart Calibre. But after a restart, and even after completely rebooting, I keep getting the same message:

Quote:
calibre, version 7.13.0
ERROR: Must restart: You must restart calibre before you can configure the <b>Kobo Utilities</b> plugin
Obviously, restarting doesn´t help. Other plugins don´t have this issue; I only have it with Kobo Utilities and Kobo Annotations. I've been researching the problem online, but since there's only a very generic message, it's hard to find a solution online.

BTW, I have access to a Macbook, where the plugins work just fine.
Did you install from the Linux repository? If so, you'll want to install fromt he calibre website as repository version are usually broken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 PM   #3063
WovenTales
WovenTales began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdy_knowledge;post4444921
Hi, I'm using the latest version of Calibre on a fully updated Fedora KDE Plasma. When I install Kobo Utilities, I obviously need to restart Calibre. But after a restart, and even after completely rebooting, I keep getting the same message:

Quote:
calibre, version 7.13.0
ERROR: Must restart: You must restart calibre before you can configure the <b>Kobo Utilities</b> plugin
Obviously, restarting doesn´t help. Other plugins don´t have this issue; I only have it with Kobo Utilities and Kobo Annotations. I've been researching the problem online, but since there's only a very generic message, it's hard to find a solution online.

BTW, I have access to a Macbook, where the plugins work just fine.
Did you install from the Linux repository? If so, you'll want to install fromt he calibre website as repository version are usually broken.
I'm getting the same, but I don't think that's the fault of the Linux packaging, at least on my system:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 147, in __init__
    ac = self.init_iaction(action)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 165, in init_iaction
    ac = action.load_actual_plugin(self)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 659, in load_actual_plugin
    ac = getattr(importlib.import_module(mod), cls)(gui,
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1387, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1360, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1331, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 935, in _load_unlocked
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 205, in exec_module
    exec(compiled, module.__dict__)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 40, in <module>
    from six.moves.configparser import SafeConfigParser
ImportError: cannot import name 'SafeConfigParser' from 'configparser' (/usr/lib/python3.12/configparser.py). Did you mean: 'RawConfigParser'?
...and from the Python 3.12 release notes:

Quote:
configparser no longer has a SafeConfigParser class. Use the shorter ConfigParser name instead.
I've not looked into what it would take to patch/hack the plugin in order to verify that updating that typing fixes things, but even if it's not the specific problem we're running into (and this would be a particularly bad message to expose it if it is), it is at the very least a bug in the plugin.

(Also, don't know about the quality of the packaging on other distros, but I'm on Gentoo where everything is built from source and where "download the binary from the website" is not an acceptable solution.)
WovenTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:25 PM   #3064
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Yes you do want to run the calibre binary from the calibre website. My system has Python 3.12.3 installed but runs calibre with no problems.
Spoiler:
Code:
~$ calibre-debug -g
calibre 7.16  embedded-python: True
Linux-6.8.0-40-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.39 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '6.8.0-40-generic', '#40-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Jul  5 10:34:03 UTC 2024')
Python 3.11.5
Interface language: None
EXE path: /opt/calibre/bin/calibre-debug
Successfully initialized third party plugins: ACSM Input (0, 1, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && ACSM Input Plugin GUI Extension (0, 1, 0) && Baen (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 6) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && EpubMerge (3, 1, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 8, 0) && Goodreads (1, 8, 2) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 9, 0) && KFX Output (2, 9, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 4, 3) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 4, 3) && KePub Output (3, 6, 11) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 10, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 17, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 4) && Quality Check (1, 13, 14)
QPA platform: xcb
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 92.53889943074003 x 92.67567567567568
ApplicationPaletteChange event ignored
Using calibre Qt style: True
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.07] splash screen shown
[0.07] Initializing db...
[0.31] db initialized
[0.31] Constructing main UI...
DEBUG:    0.0 Kobo Utilities Configuration - CreateNewCustomColumn is supported
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG:    0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
ACSM Input: GUI Plugin Genesis!
qt.gui.imageio: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
[1.22] GUI main window shown
EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2024-08-09 13:18:43,914: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(156): macmenuhack file_path:/home/cocadog/.config/calibre/plugins/fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
DEBUG:    0.7 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG:    0.7 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG:    0.7 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG:    0.7 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named 'calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended'
DEBUG:    0.7 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouch'
DEBUG:    0.7 device_driver_name - could not load extended driver. Exception= No module named 'calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended'
[1.29] main UI initialized...
[1.29] Hiding splash screen
[1.53] splash screen hidden
[1.53] Started up in 1.53 seconds with 3787 books

Note that the calibre binary has its own version of python.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WovenTales View Post
I'm getting the same, but I don't think that's the fault of the Linux packaging, at least on my system:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 147, in __init__
    ac = self.init_iaction(action)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 165, in init_iaction
    ac = action.load_actual_plugin(self)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 659, in load_actual_plugin
    ac = getattr(importlib.import_module(mod), cls)(gui,
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1387, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1360, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1331, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 935, in _load_unlocked
  File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 205, in exec_module
    exec(compiled, module.__dict__)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 40, in <module>
    from six.moves.configparser import SafeConfigParser
ImportError: cannot import name 'SafeConfigParser' from 'configparser' (/usr/lib/python3.12/configparser.py). Did you mean: 'RawConfigParser'?
...and from the Python 3.12 release notes:

I've not looked into what it would take to patch/hack the plugin in order to verify that updating that typing fixes things, but even if it's not the specific problem we're running into (and this would be a particularly bad message to expose it if it is), it is at the very least a bug in the plugin.

(Also, don't know about the quality of the packaging on other distros, but I'm on Gentoo where everything is built from source and where "download the binary from the website" is not an acceptable solution.)
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins