Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-17-2024, 09:17 AM   #1381
foosion
Groupie
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Probably not as expected. When I run "sync now" from an action chain it just silently fails half the time and I have to run it manually.
Does this help

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1363
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 06:05 PM   #1382
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
The 'sync now' issue is only an issue when I run the send-to-device or remove-from-device chains while the device is already connected (otherwise it runs on next sync) so I'm not inclined to go mucking around with my workflow.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-17-2024 at 06:11 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #1383
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Hi folks, I've been getting some glitch upon double-clicking files on list view. Can't remember when it started to happen, unfortunately. Before going into the description, let me state clearly what conditions don't trigger the error message:

a) double-clicking in Cover grid view is unaffected.

b) it doesn't happen when the event "Book List Double Clicked" is unchecked.

Now I'll try to explain. I have a chain with the following actions, kindly provided by ownedbycats, that runs on event "Book List Double Clicked":

- open book
- set #lastread
- Increment #timesread
- add date to #readdate

On list view, when I double-click the title of a book that contains a PDF format (which is my default "preferred input format" in Behaviour preferences, for double-clicking priority purposes), it runs the chain fine, sets all fields correctly. However, when I task-switch back to Calibre from my default system PDF program, the title cell shows as if waiting for an input, I mean, it's been inadvertently selected for editing, as if I had pressed F2.

What happens next is that, even without making any changes to the title field, when I click anywhere outside the title cell, I get the message in the attached log - "PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Also, that will occur either when I have the tweak doubleclick_on_library_view set to 'open_viewer' or to 'do_nothing'. Since I started using this chain, I use the latter (do_nothing).

I wonder if some tweak to the "Book List Double Clicked" event or to the chain itself could prevent that?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2024-08-18, 16_20_00.png
Views:	9
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	210260   Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-08-18 15_43_41-Add actions.png
Views:	10
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	210261  
Attached Files
File Type: zip chain.zip (2.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: txt log_dclic.txt (1.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Comfy.n; Yesterday at 11:23 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #1384
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Won't help with the unintentional selection, but the esc key should back out of accidental edits without the error.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #1385
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Won't help with the unintentional selection, but the esc key should back out of accidental edits without the error.
yes, I've too found esc is a quick workaround for that.. but only after the error message, which is what I'm wondering if can be prevented

edit: well, what I actually wanted to mean is that pressing Esc prevents the message, but there's something else related to focus I can't precisely describe

Last edited by Comfy.n; Yesterday at 05:22 PM.
Old Today, 03:40 AM   #1386
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am not able to replicate. If by any chance you have the following plugin tweak set:

Code:
action_chains_single_click_edit = True
Try removing it and restart calibre, and see whether it makes a difference. This was useful to solve a problem that seem to have been resolved in recent calibre versions.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:59 AM   #1387
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
I am not able to replicate. If by any chance you have the following plugin tweak set:

Code:
action_chains_single_click_edit = True
Try removing it and restart calibre, and see whether it makes a difference. This was useful to solve a problem that seem to have been resolved in recent calibre versions.
yes, that was it!

once I removed that plugin tweak, issue is resolved!

I can't remember why I've needed to set it, by the way, but hopefully this removal won't affect other chains.