Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM   #31
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Then it's not PD and only in their library system which cheats authors. They think by having checkout and loans on copyright material that the laws that apply to everyone else mysteriously don't apply to them.

If you want your own copy of a copyright work, rather than public library, Kindle Unlimited, or IA's dodgy Open Library, then you have to buy it.
That didn't answer the question, lol.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:43 AM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Really? How?
I am never able to download any pdf, no matter which book I check, it always tells me there are no options for download at this time.
Post #20, #26
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:50 AM   #33
Ozymango
Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.Ozymango knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Nook HD+, HD (Cyanogenmod, LineageOS), Simple Touch (rooted), various
Quote:
Trivial to download IA PDF or image collections without adding another browser extension and increasing attack surface.

No-one needs that.
Thanks for your assistance!
Ozymango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:52 AM   #34
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgmoore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've downloaded a few books from archive.org, but it has always been a sort of last resort.
They have usually been pdfs which don't work well with my kindle or epubs which are really just a collection of images which are even worse.

So I have always had to read them on my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
Likewise, pdfs can be of worse quality than processed jpegs .
I have come across a few pdfs (not from archive.org) which looked absolutely terrible on screen using Adobe Reader and almost unreadable. But when printed, they looked absolutely perfect.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote