Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #2986
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
This looks different from the example in the book I looked at. This seems to be making paragraph lines (or a fake list) indented, which I may not like visually but off the top of my head I expect what you show in the image could be done without god-awful markup and questionable CSS choices. I'd prefer to see it done with <ol> or <ul> and styling the <li>, but there are other clean ways to do it. Just my own personal preference not liking how this looks rather than a final product that makes me question how much the publisher actually knows about HTML or CSS.

The book example I was commenting on is a case where a <dl> is both a clean and natural choice. The <dt> in that case would be the name of the speaker and the <dd> would be the text. Style it to float the <dt> to the left at some low percentage width and <dd> to the right at remaining width and you've got the same effect with much cleaner markup and CSS.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:57 AM   #2987
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
using <p> with suitable classes is more reliable and can exactly duplicate ol ul li etc, which are needed for server side auto-generated content from a database, or a convenience. They are not needed at all in ebooks.

No need for dd or dt and float is best avoided in ebooks.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one