Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old Today, 09:09 AM   #1
Sioux
Sioux began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cannot apply edited changes to actual ebook

Hello
Maybe this question has already been asked and answered a thousand times before, but I am new to this forum so I'm going to ask it again.
I have managed to edit an epub book converted with Calibre.
I have changed a few lines in the Editor's stylesheet.css.
I saved the changes in the editor.
The changes show as they are intended to show in the Edit preview side-panel and also in the View with Calibre e-book viewer.

But. The converted book looks exactly as before the changes.
So, my question is: How do I render the CSS changes into the actual book? How to make final the changes which rightly show in the preview and in the viewer?
Thanks to whoever will reply.
Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #2
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
What I've personally found, the best way is to remove the original book from the list, then re-add the new / edited book.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:14 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Check in the (main GU) Metadata Editor: Formats section.
Do you have an Original_(xyz) listed?

This Tweak controls those:

ID: save_original_format (IIRC true is the default)

When calibre does a conversion from the same format to the same format, for example, from EPUB to EPUB, the original file is saved, so that in case the conversion is poor, you can tweak the settings and run it again. By setting this to False you can prevent calibre from saving the original file. Similarly, by setting save_original_format_when_polishing to False you can prevent calibre from saving the original file when polishing.

It is there to 'save you' if you did not have an external Original and you really messed up the Library copy.

I almost never use EPUB-> EPUB conversion, so I have it False and I also archive my real Original off system.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote