Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 02:42 PM   #706
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
And if you already use a non-Kindle device, why are complaining about Amazon/Kindle in the Kindle forum? Are you hoping to get other Kindle users to join you? Are you hoping Amazon will read your complaints and change their practices? Why not just walk away from Amazon/Kindle and be done with it?
Because I like to whine.

Is complaining now forbidden unless you're a registered owner of said device or what? I'm a former Kindle user and it's not impossible I might get a Kindle again some day. So I want to keep current with what is going on in the Kindle world.

You have a right to express your opinion that it's ok for Amazon to delete books unasked. And I have a right to express my opinion that it's not ok.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #707
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Voyage,PW1,KOA, Kobo: Clara Colour, Nook GLP, Pocketbook verse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Because I like to whine.
That applies with much more force to certain others who will remain nameless.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:41 PM   #708
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
And if you already use a non-Kindle device, why are complaining about Amazon/Kindle in the Kindle forum?
Sometimes the best advice comes from someone who was smart enough to recognize issues and not buy the device in question in the first place.

I sometimes read things in the Kobo forum and I don't have a Kobo. That is because I realize that my current Kindle will not last forever and eventually I will need to buy another device. And it helps if I know at least a little something about the Kindle world, the Kobo world, the Nook world, etc. This is going to make things easier for me to decide which eReader I may buy next, when the time comes.

I don't think owning a Kindle is a prerequisite to having an opinion or useful insight into Amazon removing books from eReaders. It's quite the redirect to cast aspersions like "You don't get to comment because you don't own a Kindle!" That's pretty short sighted.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:40 PM   #709
jlinear
Connoisseur
jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Aura One, Libra 2, Paperwhite
Quote:
And if you already use a non-Kindle device, why are complaining about Amazon/Kindle in the Kindle forum? Are you hoping to get other Kindle users to join you? Are you hoping Amazon will read your complaints and change their practices? Why not just walk away from Amazon/Kindle and be done with it?
Perhaps you didn’t notice but I own a Kindle Paperwhite. And if I want to complain about it in a thread about Amazon removing books unexpectedly, what’s it to you?

Last edited by jlinear; Today at 05:42 PM.
jlinear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #710
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I certainly don't agree that deleting content automatically, without any input from the user, is somehow ok, no matter the intention.
It's my understanding that if you delete an Amazon book from one Kindle, a sync is supposed to delete that book from every other Kindle on your account, without asking you. Do you think this should not be the case?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote