Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-25-2024, 04:01 PM   #1
mmobes
mmobes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Is there a way to see "real" book numbers as well?

I'm using KOReader on my Libra 2. I absolutely love being able to customize both the top and bottom bars to show the information I want. I'm wondering if there is a way to track the "real" pages left in the book? I know it will track number of page flips, which is nice, but I'd also like to see how many pages are left so that I can track total number of pages read, not just number of pages flipped.

I hope that makes sense.
mmobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 06:39 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
First you have to define what you mean with "real" pages. For me, real pages, in an ebook, are pageflips.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 07:36 PM   #3
mmobes
mmobes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
First you have to define what you mean with "real" pages. For me, real pages, in an ebook, are pageflips.
Fair point. So, I like to track books read in a year. But sometimes that’s misleading. If I read 10 books that are 100 pages, that’s not a lot. But 10 books that are 10,000 pages each is different. So I guess when I say real pages, I’m talking about what the publisher or seller lists. So if Amazon says the ebook is 500 pages, but it’s 650 flips, I’d like to track the real pages.
mmobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 07:44 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmobes View Post
Fair point. So, I like to track books read in a year. But sometimes that’s misleading.
If that is the case, then even page numbers are misleading.
I gave up on page numbers a long time ago.
The only true indicator of the length of an ebook (or any book) is Word Count.

The Editor will give a word count. You can then add a column in your library to hold Word Count. Then you can install the "Sum Column" plugin which will give a total wordcount for the selected books.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 09:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best eBook page count is Adobe Digital Editions page count.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 10:04 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Personally, I will vote for the word count as being the most universal method. Adobe's synthetic page numbering is the best for ePubs since it does not depend on the amount of text displayed on a page so font size, margins, line spacing, etc. do not affect the results.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote