Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 07:11 AM   #16
Inquisitive_Ram
Enthusiast
Inquisitive_Ram began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10
In the UK, Kobo works with Libby I understand (or rather both Kobo and Libby connect with overdrive?)

Do I need a separate overdrive account or can I just use my library card number?
Inquisitive_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
In Canada, you can use either an Overdrive account or use your library card number.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
In some regions Kobo disables the Overdrive feature. It's unavailable on a Kobo here in Ireland, even though the Irish Libraries uses Libby. Or was last time I looked.
Libby on Android uses my library ID.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:10 PM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I can't speak for what fits in what type of pockets. I don't like things in my pockets, so carry a messenger bag instead.

But I do like the Clara BW quite a bit. In my house I have a Clara Color and BW (and the 2E and until it broke, the HD). I feel like the novelty of the color wears off pretty quickly. Despite all the moaning about it you hear on this forum, the screen darkness really isn't a major issue. It's just that unless you heavily annotate books, the color just doesn't add much.

6" is too small for comics and most manga is black and white, and for myself, I only really read novels anyway.

For that, the BW excels and is noticeably better than my old HD.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote