Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Today, 10:41 AM   #1
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Epub2 being made instead of Epub3

I decided I should update myself a bit and start making epubs version 3 instead of 2. Using version 2.2.1 on Pop_os.

So I went into "Preferences->General Settings->Basics->Create New or Empty Epubs as:" and set the preference to Version 3.

Then (a couple of days later after several restarts) I used the ODT Import plugin to import a novel, and behold, I get a version 2 epub, with it's book.ncx and no nav document.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? TIA!
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:59 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Then (a couple of days later after several restarts) I used the ODT Import plugin to import a novel, and behold, I get a version 2 epub, with it's book.ncx and no nav document.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? TIA!
Did you check to see if the ODT Import plugin supports epub3, or if it takes extra configuration to generate epub3s with the ODT Import plugin? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Sigil has no control over what version of epub an import plugin gives it. If given an epub3, Sigil opens the epub3. If given an epub2 Sigil opens the epub2.

The Sigil setting only affects what version of empty epub is created when opening Sigil without input. Or using New->Default (Ctrl+n) menu. It doesn't automatically convert all things to epub3 because the default is set to epub3.

Last edited by DiapDealer; Today at 11:10 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:56 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
So I went into "Preferences->General Settings->Basics->Create New or Empty Epubs as:" and set the preference to Version 3.
The ODT plugin has its own .json preferences file. Please open ODTImport.json and change this line:

Code:
  "output_format": "epub2",
to:

Code:
  "output_format": "epub3",
(If the original line doesn't end with a comma, don't add it.)

You can convert your epub2 book with KevinH's ePub3-itizer plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:16 PM   #4
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The ODT plugin has its own .json preferences file. Please open ODTImport.json
Ah, this worked, thank you!

(I had found other settings given in the plugin thread in the past, but not this one.)
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #5
retiredbiker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can convert your epub2 book with KevinH's ePub3-itizer plugin.
Tried that and it works as well, can't tell the difference just looking through the file list and code view. Always great to have two hammers when faced with a lot of nails! Thanks all for the great work.