Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #691
Apocalipso
Apocalipso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Hi, first of all thanks for the great work on this plugin. Unfortunately I have a problem with the X-ray file, when I select a character it shows fragments of the book where that character is mentioned, but it doesn't show any info about the character like a quick description or who he is. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Apocalipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #692
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipso View Post
Hi, first of all thanks for the great work on this plugin. Unfortunately I have a problem with the X-ray file, when I select a character it shows fragments of the book where that character is mentioned, but it doesn't show any info about the character like a quick description or who he is. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
That is what happens when wikipedia or fandom (whichever is configured to be used) does not have an entry or it wasn't found. You can supply your own description for individual characters in a config file. It has been so long since I learned how, that I have forgotten the details, but you can read about it in this thread and probably in the documentation. You can even list aliases for the character and make one of them something likely to be found in wikipedia or fandom.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
worddumb, x-ray