Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old Today, 05:27 PM   #136
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pypeke View Post
Ok. You lost me. What does "need to install the library file" mean? which library file? Where is it? are you talking about the file with Nook formatted books that I downloaded? What about the Kindle books?
By library file, they were referring to the Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x86__8wekyb3d 8bbwe.appx which installs the Visual C library. Nothing to do with Nook or Kindle formatted books.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:19 PM   #137
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Ok. You lost me. What does "need to install the library file" mean? which library file? Where is it? are you talking about the file with Nook formatted books that I downloaded? What about the Kindle books?
If you're using Windows 11, I believe this is the library you'll need...

Code:
Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx
It's the one dated "2024-8-26" — it's a little over 952 Kbs.

The app file you're looking for is also dated "2024-8-26" and it's almost 51 MBs.

I believe this all I had to install on Windows 11, but it's been a little while now.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #138
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Today, I tried to download the Adguard file for my new PC. it would not download no matter how many times I double clicked on it. Maybe I will try again tomorrow...
I use Firefox. Maybe that makes a difference?
Old Today, 06:32 PM   #139
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
On my new PC, all I have done is install Calibre.
what do I do next?
Install the NoDRM plugin. Move your B&N hash to it in the B&N section (you can export it from your old computer and import to the new one).

Find a way to download the needed VC library, install it. Download and install the Nook Windows app. Run that app, log in, download your B&N books.

Note where the ePub files are stored.

Read them into Calibre — they should automatically be liberated.

Since you've already done this on your old computer, I would just move your DRM-less B&N books over to the new computer. You only have to worry about liberating more B&N books if you plan to continue buying books on B&N.

If you need to liberate Kindle books, I find that the easiest way is to get an older Kindle, register it on Amazon (if you still can) which will allow you to download your Kindle books to USB. In the Calibre NoDRM plugin, enter that Kindle reader's serial number and you should be able to liberate your Kindle books.

There's, apparently, a way to get your Kindle books using the Android Kindle app, but I've never looked into that. There's a whole thread on doing that.