Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 07:20 AM   #31
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would get your Libra 2 back. Don't lend it to anyone as you may not be able to replace it should anything happen to it.
I do also have a Libra original.

I might loan the Elipsa instead. Surely harder to misplace and I find it useless.

I wonder should I buy a spare Sage?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #32
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would get your Libra 2 back. Don't lend it to anyone as you may not be able to replace it should anything happen to it.
This sounds like an old person scenario.
"They don't sell those plaid polyester slacks anymore, so the next time I find them on sale I'm going to buy a case!"

But seriously, we all run into this. "This is good enough. Why won't they leave it alone?" I'm worried that overall devices will get less hackable. It would be easy for them to clamp down on any modification at all. I just don't know when to buy my case of ereaders.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:50 AM   #33
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
"They don't sell those plaid polyester slacks anymore, so the next time I find them on sale I'm going to buy a case!"
It's not. It's more like discovering ALL denim Levis are now only polyester slacks.
The Libra Colour is totally inferior to the Libra or Libra 2 or Sage for reading novels. What if they do the same with the Sage? There is no denim 7″ Kobo now, only a fake denim made of nylon.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I do also have a Libra original.

I might loan the Elipsa instead. Surely harder to misplace and I find it useless.

I wonder should I buy a spare Sage?
I would not buy a spare Sage. You could end up buying one and Kobo could turn around and come out with a new updated Sage.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:30 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post

But seriously, we all run into this. "This is good enough. Why won't they leave it alone?" I'm worried that overall devices will get less hackable. It would be easy for them to clamp down on any modification at all. I just don't know when to buy my case of ereaders.
This is a different scenario. The Libra 2 is no longer available in the UK. So if the L2 was to be damaged, it could not be replaced. There is no suitable replacement.

When I was using my Aura H2O, I always had an option to buy another if mine was to become damaged. Then the Libra 2 came out and the Aura H2o was discontinued. I bought the Libra 2. Now there is no Libra 2 and the Libra Colour is no replacement.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote