Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 05:52 PM   #556
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The books were actually deleted. I didn't look at the .sdr directories. I didn't make any annotations since these were not ebooks that I was editing/formatting which is my only use for annotations on my ereaders.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:03 PM   #557
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Are we talking about the extension used when a file is downloaded by an app which seems to have no relationship to the ebook type (for instance, K4PC downloads all ebooks as .azw while K4A downloads everything as .prc.) or are we talking about the extensions used for different Amazon ebook formats? Where KF8/azw3, azw4, KFX, mobi, azw, etc. are used. In that use, .mobi is used for unprotected files and .azw is used for DRMmed files.
.azw is the file extension Amazon uses when KindleForPC download them.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:07 PM   #558
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Are we talking about the extension used when a file is downloaded by an app which seems to have no relationship to the ebook type (for instance, K4PC downloads all ebooks as .azw while K4A downloads everything as .prc.) or are we talking about the extensions used for different Amazon ebook formats? Where KF8/azw3, azw4, KFX, mobi, azw, etc. are used. In that use, .mobi is used for unprotected files and .azw is used for DRMmed files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
.azw is the file extension Amazon uses when KindleForPC download them.

Did you take the time to read my message before you posted your response? Pay special attention to the part that I bolded in the quote above. BTW, K4PC is another way of saying Kindle for PC.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #559
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
The books were actually deleted. I didn't look at the .sdr directories. I didn't make any annotations since these were not ebooks that I was editing/formatting which is my only use for annotations on my ereaders.
Thanks again.

I think we can provisionally conclude that when books vanish from the UI but the book files remain on the device that the cause is something other than the cdetype in the EXTH header being set to EBOK by some non-amazon process. (And that when people report disappearing books they should be clear about whether the book file was actually removed from the ereader's storage.)
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote