Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 08:10 AM   #16
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Even easier is to finish the current chapter and then on the other Kobo go to the new chapter.
Not always feasible. For example, I'm reading a historical mystery series right now. The books are fairly long, with a word count of 150,000 - 160,000, and every book has only 12 chapters. So every chapter is basically as long as a novella. I don't often have the time to finish a chapter before I have to leave off for one reason or another. And while I read only at home and so can easily use the same Kobo again if I want to, that's not so easy for people who take a smaller reader out of the house with them.

Last edited by Sirtel; Today at 08:17 AM. Reason: typo
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not always feasible. For example, I'm reading a historical mystery series right now. The books are fairly long, with a word count of 150,000 - 160,000, and every book has only 12 chapters. So every chapter is basically as long as a novella. I don't often have the time to finish a chapter before I have to leave off for one reason or another. And while I read only at home and so can easily use the same Kobo again if I want to, that's not so easy for people who take a smaller reader out of the house with them.
In that case, it's not going to be easy to finish the chapter before switching devices. But for short enough chapters, it might be easy enough.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Search and a remembered few words works for me.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote