Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 12:34 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What is Book of Hymns?

Only Chapters (and Part) Should use H tags

Code:
<h3 class="chapno">Chapter 23</h3>
I wonder if the confusion is in terms

Headers and Footers appear on all (print) pages
A 'Heading' (H#) is a Style of text. It just so happens that Calibre and Sigil use those as markers to generate the TOC with a couple of clicks. In addition, these are normal places where a new chapter starts, so the cod also get page-break-before:always inserted.

Stupid Vellum also codes title pages with h1 title, subtitle , h2 for series, author1, author2 ... (Styling like that was so HTML 3 )
Calibre convert turns those into individual screens (pages). Sinc I do WANT that to happen for all others, I do not turn that off. I just hand fix (chang all those OTHER h's to p on the title page
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45 PM   #17
Jasonc310771
Jasonc310771 began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Ok, so I have attached the word document to this post. The stories show as expected in the navigation panel. But as you can see the first titles show fine, but the last one is on a new page, not continued from the last story. All have as far as I can see the same formatting.
Attached Files
File Type: docx BUCKET 1.docx (13.9 KB, 7 views)
Jasonc310771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #18
Jasonc310771

This is the resulting epub file.
Attached Files
File Type: epub BUCKET 1 - Unknown.epub (15.9 KB, 4 views)
Old Today, 01:30 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I use Libre Office and it (the docx) shows on a single 8.5 x 11 page
(I also do not use LO as a book source. AKA authoring)

Whatever is happening for you could be a page overflow due to the current styling for h1
You need to understand The Box Model

Margin-border-padding-text-padding-border-margin (with the exception of text, all those others can have values for Top, Bottom, Right, Left
Usually if not specified Border and padding are 0. BUT the viewer may have non-zero defaults for Margin, which makes it a good practice to specify what you really want

A box must fit or it ends up on the next screen (widows and orphans offer additional controls)

Personally, I just fix the code. The DOCX gets the document int the editor for final styling.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:58 PM   #20
Jasonc310771

Box Model, I understand this. But if this was the case, when I reduce the size of the text in the viewer, this should cause the problematic story title to continue under the previous story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I use Libre Office and it (the docx) shows on a single 8.5 x 11 page
(I also do not use LO as a book source. AKA authoring)

Whatever is happening for you could be a page overflow due to the current styling for h1
You need to understand The Box Model

Margin-border-padding-text-padding-border-margin (with the exception of text, all those others can have values for Top, Bottom, Right, Left
Usually if not specified Border and padding are 0. BUT the viewer may have non-zero defaults for Margin, which makes it a good practice to specify what you really want

A box must fit or it ends up on the next screen (widows and orphans offer additional controls)

Personally, I just fix the code. The DOCX gets the document int the editor for final styling.