Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-08-2024, 10:38 AM   #1756
Tenome
Enthusiast
Tenome began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any chance the "Arrange into Folders" feature from Editor > Tools could be implemented? I'm trying to find a bulk way to homogenize a bunch of disorganized epubs... Guh.
Tenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 12:04 PM   #1757
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenome View Post
Any chance the "Arrange into Folders" feature from Editor > Tools could be implemented? I'm trying to find a bulk way to homogenize a bunch of disorganized epubs... Guh.
Sigil has such a feature. So you can use Sigil to rearrange your ePub. From there you can continue to use Sigil or save the ePub and go back to the calibre editor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 12:14 PM   #1758
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sigil has such a feature. So you can use Sigil to rearrange your ePub. From there you can continue to use Sigil or save the ePub and go back to the calibre editor.
They have another thread in Sigil. They want a BATCH method
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 02:10 PM   #1759
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
They have another thread in Sigil. They want a BATCH method
That's not going to happen. Sigil won't do batch on multiple eBooks and calibre doesn't do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 07:35 PM   #1760
Tenome
Enthusiast

lol yeah, that's why I was asking if it can be a feature for this plugin.
Old 09-08-2024, 08:20 PM   #1761
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I posted elsewhere, the Action Chains plugin can operate on multiple books within a calibre library, and it can interoperate with the Editor Chain plugin. The two plugins facilitate the automation of repetitive tasks.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-08-2024 at 08:26 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 11:46 PM   #1762
Tenome
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
As I posted elsewhere, the Action Chains plugin can operate on multiple books within a calibre library, and it can interoperate with the Editor Chain plugin. The two plugins facilitate the automation of repetitive tasks.

BR
I'll look into that, thanks. Sorry for missing it (118 pages in after all).
Old 09-09-2024, 12:14 AM   #1763
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My 'elsewhere' is in your thread in the Sigil forum - post #7.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2024, 12:53 AM   #1764
Tenome
Enthusiast

It works, thanks.
Old 09-20-2024, 12:47 AM   #1765
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I updated to the calibre 7.18.100 preview and Modify ePub threw errors when I tried to use it on several ePubs. Traced it to enabling Smarten Punctuation which run into an error importing substitute_entites from chardet.py. That bit seems to have been removed from calibre's code in chardet.py.

I looked at the 7.18 chardet.py and the 7.18.100 chardet.py and added back in the code around substitute_entites (before _CHARSET_ALIASES) and ENTITY_PATTERN (after lazy_encoding_pats)

lazy_encoding_pats = LazyEncodingPats()
==> added: ENTITY_PATTERN = re.compile(r'&(\S+?);')

and

==> added: def substitute_entites(raw):
==> added: from calibre import xml_entity_to_unicode
==> added: return ENTITY_PATTERN.sub(xml_entity_to_unicode, raw)

_CHARSET_ALIASES = {"macintosh" : "mac-roman", "x-sjis" : "shift-jis"}

Last edited by DNSB; 09-20-2024 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Modified charset.py to allow importing substitute_entites
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2024, 07:34 AM   #1766
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@DNSB - I'm not seeing any failures personally trying the Smarten Punctuation feature this just now, but not surprised there may be edge cases where this happens.

Can you please give this version a whirl - I have completely deferred to a calibre implementation:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...fy_epub-v1.8.5

If people can let me know this is working ok for them I will make it the main release.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2024, 04:16 PM   #1767
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@DNSB - I'm not seeing any failures personally trying the Smarten Punctuation feature this just now, but not surprised there may be edge cases where this happens.

Can you please give this version a whirl - I have completely deferred to a calibre implementation:

If people can let me know this is working ok for them I will make it the main release.
Kovid Goyal fixed the error by adding both substitute_entities & substitute_entites back into calibre's code in chardet.py after I mentioned the issue in the calibre friday preview thread message #87. A bit funny in that the first fix was for the correct spelling of substitute_entities and then he added substitute_entites.

Edit: I removed line 22 in chardet.py:
Code:
substitute_entities = substitute_entites = xml_replace_entities  # for plugins that might use this
I then installed 1.8.5 and no issues with Smarten Punctuation.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-29-2024 at 04:22 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2024, 05:13 AM   #1768
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Modify ePub v1.8.5

Release Notes
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modify epub