Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Today, 07:53 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Persephone - Kevin J. Anderson

I've been eagerly awaiting the release of this novel on the 20 Aug. That date has come and gone, and the only purchase option I see is Hardcover for US$33.59. I was hoping to see the ebook version available. Strangely, the ebook option was displayed before release for a very reasonable US$9.95, then the option disappeared on the release date.

I phoned a couple of local bookstores and they had not heard of it and on looking it up, they had no release data available for the pbook.

On the Amazon page for the novel, can others see more than just a Hardcover version available? Wondering if I am being excluded from the purchase.
https://www.amazon.com/Persephone-Ke...dp/1680576224/

Same happened with Princess of Dune last October, and it has only become available locally in the last couple of months for an astonishing price of AU$67.22...
https://dymocks.com.au/book/princess...-9781680575675
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:03 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I only see a hardcover edition sold by a third party, not by Amazon. I think it's not been released yet.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:08 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I picked up the ebook from the Kickstarter campaign.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:12 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I only see a hardcover edition sold by a third party, not by Amazon. I think it's not been released yet.
Ok, so I am being a bit paranoid. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I picked up the ebook from the Kickstarter campaign.
Really? Why would he need Kickstarter? He is a successful author with his own small publishing house.

Have you read it? Was it enjoyable?
Old Today, 08:19 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Really? Why would he need Kickstarter? He is a successful author with his own small publishing house.
Perhaps it was simply easier to use Kickstarter than to raise money by other means? I've seen and donated to quite a few author's Kickstarter campaigns. See PERSEPHONE: An epic science fiction story of human survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Have you read it? Was it enjoyable?
Yes though I admit to preferring Bats in the Belfry.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:32 PM   #6
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The co-author is directing the film which is in pre-production according to IMDB. It was scheduled to be released last year but apparently it has been delayed. Maybe, this is causing delays in the print edition also. To be released at the same time?

The ebook is available on Hoopla. Read it for free!
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:39 PM   #7
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Perhaps it was simply easier to use Kickstarter than to raise money by other means? I've seen and donated to quite a few author's Kickstarter campaigns. See PERSEPHONE: An epic science fiction story of human survival.
Thanks @DNSB, as corny as it sounds, it's like a new world has been unveiled. I had no idea that authors were doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
The ebook is available on Hoopla. Read it for free!
Yes I saw it on IMDB.
I've not come across Hoopla before, but I will check it out. Thanks.