Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It seems to have fixed my freezing issue.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #17
altered.ego
altered.ego began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, PW4, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Or could be a samsung-like thing where they skipped 11-19
Samsung didn't skip 11-19, they have changed the naming of their S series devices, where the number now represents the year of the release: S20 (2020), S21 (2021), S22 (2022), ...
altered.ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #18
altered.ego
altered.ego began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, PW4, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenS View Post
This update did not solve the problem of the top menu not appearing when you try to exit the book. On the contrary, it introduced a new problem: when you try to open a book, a message saying 'Application Error' appears.
Just today, I had to restart twice: once because I couldn't exit the book, and another time because I couldn't open a book. I'm starting to hate my Kindle.
That's not new, it happened to me after last two or three updates and it only happens right after the update is installed.
altered.ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #19
wireman
wireman began at the beginning.

Device: PW 11th Gen.
The update solved all my problems for a day. Then a little while ago my device restarted and it's back to the way it was before. Very strange.
wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:46 AM   #20
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It's been a long time since I saw top menu disappear, and it's easy to recover from that. It seemed to have been fixed long ago. And it was rare even when I did see it. So maybe it still happens, but it will never be possible to say that it can never happen.

It would be nice if ability to view (and export) handwritten notes made on Scribe comes about, as it is possible to do with the Kindle apps.

Another 11th generation Kindle? what could it mean?

New annotation types would be cool, but assume older Kindles would show them as before.

I try to remember to do a Restart before applying an update, I think it helps ensure the update goes smoothly (but claim not proof of this).

I don't see any issues or improvements on either Kindle I updated, but didn't expect to see any given what is in the release notes. I was not having any of the reported issues (disappearing menu, custom font not sticking).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:23 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Maybe a color PW5.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:39 AM   #22
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I have no actual further information but based on the driver update I suspect that it is just a slight change to the touchscreen digitizer hardware in one model in the existing lineup. Perhaps a part they are using is problematic or becoming unavailable.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #23
jackm8
Groupie
jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
[*]Possible annotation types: highlight, outline, underline.[/list]
The ability to underline text, instead of an ugly grey box, is one feature that I'm really looking forward to.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:03 PM   #24
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have no actual further information but based on the driver update I suspect that it is just a slight change to the touchscreen digitizer hardware in one model in the existing lineup. Perhaps a part they are using is problematic or becoming unavailable.
That does sound plausible.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote