Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old Today, 04:55 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Those are for shop poster/displays. They are x10 too slow at least for an ereader and can be over 2000x slower than state of the art OLED or LCD or QLED panels with true matt finish.
The matte finish has nothing to do with speed. The matte finish can be good or really bad. It depends on how the light hits the matte finish.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The matte finish has nothing to do with speed. The matte finish can be good or really bad. It depends on how the light hits the matte finish.
I didn't say matt was anything to do with speed. Actually most LCD are deliberately polished shiny screens due to fashion and it's cheap. Because eink is expensive anyway, the eink readers tend to have micro-etched or micro-textured top layers that are thus matt. My point is that non-eink matt screens do exist, but are just rarer.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:41 PM   #18
mpsinfo
mpsinfo began at the beginning.

Device: e-ink
Here we were talking about posters and not LED monitors.
So I don't think it mattered how quickly the image was composed, which actually takes about 10 seconds to compose.
mpsinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Yes, posters is what the ACeP "colour eink" can do, not ereaders. And even on that they'll have a stiff time competing with monitors on price unless it's outdoors or direct daylight in a mostly sunny place.
That 10 seconds is about 70x slower than conventional eink!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote