Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 03:47 AM   #1
abrogard
Zealot
abrogard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
We Still Need Special Kindle for PC Version?

I am back with Kindle/Calibre after years away. As I remember I had to be careful which version of Kindle I used to download from else I would get books Calibre couldn't de drm even with the special plugin installed.

Just please a quick update: do we still need the special plugin and do we still need the special Kindle version (and is it still available if so) and/or is there anything new I should be aware of?
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 AM   #2
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try reading this thread - it should help.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=361503
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:57 AM   #3
abrogard
Zealot
abrogard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
Try reading this thread - it should help.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=361503
Hi... thanks for that.

Looks like yep, we still need Kindle versions 2.3 - 2.4 no later and DeDRM v10.

All I wanted to know. Thanks.
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote