Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 12:48 PM   #46
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
10,000 is large. That's about 3 years at one book a day, or 21 at 1 a week.

350,000 isn't large, it's insanely huge. That's well over 100 years at one book a day, or nearly a 1000 years for many readers.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #47
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
350,000 isn't large, it's insanely huge. That's well over 100 years at one book a day, or nearly a 1000 years for many readers.
Assuming all of them are books, not documents or web articles or the like.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:00 PM   #48
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Assuming all of them are books, not documents or web articles or the like.
Yes, and typical novels, not epic fantasy or War and Peace etc.

I've loads of documents I might never read. Maybe around 10,000 pdfs of service information, maybe much more, almost 2000 in one source. I'm unlikely to access even another 10, but who knows which 10. Then there are PDF datasheets. Gradually accumulated over 30 years and in some cases via DVD or CD purchase.

But none of that is in Calibre because it's organised by directories and lacks metadata. Adding it to Calibre in a sensible fashion would take years.
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #49
Inquisitive_Ram
Enthusiast
Inquisitive_Ram began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10
What is the practical purpose of having 20,000 or 200,000 books? That's more than can ever be read?

I simply add a book to my library from gutenberg or standard ebooks when I want to read it. Think I have around 300
Inquisitive_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:44 PM   #50
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I stuff software/game manuals into my library, mostly just to keep them in one place. I also know a few other users outside of MR who do this (at least one of them got the idea from me ).
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:52 PM   #51
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

I do have any actual PDF manuals that are used and work on an ereader in my Calibre. Stuff with complicated controls/menus/functions you'd not remember details of. But that's not many, maybe a dozen gadgets.