Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 12:00 PM   #46
nar001
nar001 began at the beginning.

Device: M96C
Hey so question, it seems that my Scribe had an issue when I used this, I did try to revert renameotabin to use BinaryRenamer, but it seems that it's now stuck on this? I'm not sure what to do to fix it (I still have access to it with USB, I just can't do anything on the display itself)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	issue.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	209458  
nar001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #47
Daviteusz
Connoisseur
Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.

Device: KOA3
It seems that after restoring renameotabin your kindle was start downloading update...

The problem probably wouldn't be there after disabling WiFi.

Try this:
• Remove the update.bin.tmp.partial file (if it exists) from the Kindle root directory.

Last edited by Daviteusz; Today at 04:34 PM.
Daviteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:35 PM   #48
nar001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviteusz View Post
It seems that after restoring renameotabin your kindle was start downloading update...

The problem probably wouldn't be there after disabling WiFi.

Try this:
• Remove the update.bin.tmp.partial file (if it exists) from the Kindle root directory.
It didn't, but I put the same firmware I was on in the root, and it was enough to unbrick it apparently, so that worked out! Tho now I'm stuck on the "Set up your Kindle" screen, which obviously isn't really useful (Tho it already was happening before, it's not your tweak's fault)
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #49
Daviteusz
Connoisseur
Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.

Device: KOA3
Good thing it's not BinaryRenamer's fault, I hope you solve the new problem quickly.
Daviteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:48 PM   #50
nar001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviteusz View Post
Good thing it's not BinaryRenamer's fault, I hope you solve the new problem quickly.
Actually, not sure if you have any experience with it? I thought you were supposed to skip the Amazon set up screen, but there's no cross, or back, or skip button, only wifi setup and then logging screen, it's hard to find info on it

Tags
kindle, logs, ota, rename, renameotabin