Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 08:27 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Yes/No Toggles Move Focus, Break Keyboard Navigation

I haven't run into this problem on the Mac, but keep running into it on Linux.

I'm using the standard Fedora version of Calibre, which is still 7.11 instead of 7.12, with Qt5NoBlink to disable blinking.

env LD_PRELOAD=/home/[myusername]/Applications/QtNoBlink/qt5noblink.so calibre --detach %U

https://github.com/igogo/qt5noblink

When I open Calibre, the arrow keys allow me to move about the booklist.

If I hit enter at the appropriate column, I can edit it.

If I hit enter again, I end up in the virtual library list. An arrow down opens the menu, and arrow right moves to the search bar.

If I hit enter again again, I'm back to the left-most column and have to arrow back where I was editing the data.

Is there a tweak I've forgotten, or what?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 09:15 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The first bit of advice you will be given would be to install the official calibre release from Download for Linux page.

The distro packaged calibre releases tend to break since while the official release comes with most of the dependencies in place, the distro variants don't.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 11:03 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

Is it just Y/N cells?

What happens if you press F2 on the cell you want to Edit, do the edit, and then press Enter to exit edit mode?

Added: Is this happening in the last cell of the last line in the book list, I just noticed 3-4 Tabs there will land me in the Search bar

BR (windows 10, calibre 7.12)

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-13-2024 at 11:31 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 11:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
If I hit enter at the appropriate column, I can edit it.

If I hit enter again, I end up in the virtual library list. An arrow down opens the menu, and arrow right moves to the search bar.

If I hit enter again again, I'm back to the left-most column and have to arrow back where I was editing the data.

Is there a tweak I've forgotten, or what?
Yes there is a TWEAK to control editing of cells.
I have mine set to require F2 (and not enter)
Tab moves to the next cell STILL in Edit Mode
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 12:08 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@MarjaE: I have a memory of something similar being caused by Wayland. Which desktop manager are you using?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 06:19 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Three bits of advice.
  1. Do not run Wayland
  2. Do not install calibre from any Linux repository and always install calibre from the official website
  3. Make sure you are on the latest version in case your issue doesn't exist in the latest version
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:13 AM   #7
skil-phil
Connoisseur
skil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle pw10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Hi,
I could not find that tweak. Hint on the name appreciated.
Thanks
Phil
skil-phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:21 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by skil-phil View Post
Hi,
I could not find that tweak. Hint on the name appreciated.
Thanks
Phil
Control behavior of the book list (ID: doubleclick_on_library_view)

Quote:
ID: doubleclick_on_library_view

You can control the behavior of double clicks and pressing Enter on the books list. Choices: open_viewer, do_nothing, show_book_details, show_locked_book_details, edit_cell, edit_metadata. Selecting anything other than open_viewer, show_book_details, or show_locked_book_details has the side effect of disabling editing a field using a single click. Default: open_viewer. Example: doubleclick_on_library_view = 'do_nothing' You can also control whether the book list scrolls per item or per pixel. Default is per item.
It is possible that they are referring to this instead of a tweak:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	208917  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:30 AM   #9
skil-phil
Connoisseur
skil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle pw10
Thanks chaley,
Found both references.
Sorted.
skil-phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 07:00 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
FTR - they are the default settings.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 09:35 AM   #11
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I've uninstalled the Fedora version and directly downloaded the current version.

I'm using xorg, because wayland doesn't support middle-button-scroll.

The tweak doesn't say anything about either the arrow keys or the tab keys. On my keyboard, they're on opposite sides, so it's awkward to switch between arrows, and tabs, and back.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, keyboard shortcuts, library management