Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 09:59 AM   #9931
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I wonder if you have a circular dependency going on. Do you pass the calibre columns back into FFF on update?

Can you share the 'safe' version of your personal.ini?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:49 PM   #9932
wildfire070
Enthusiast
wildfire070 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Scribe, Paperwhite // Boox Palma
Is there a way to preserve how an author formats the html coding for their story? There's a textfic story on AO3 that I downloaded with FFF where the images aren't appearing correctly vs how it appears on AO3.

EDIT:
I think I got it by adding
Code:
use_workskin:true
to the AO3 section. Can I continue to leave that in my personal.ini or should I only edit it to true for certain stories. Will it do more harm than good by leaving it default.

Last edited by wildfire070; Today at 01:20 PM.
wildfire070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #9933
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what percent of AO3 stories use a work skin and what percent would be 'harmed'.

Personally, I don't keep it on all the time, but then I prefer consistent appearance over custom.
Old Today, 06:04 PM   #9934
DandalfTheWhite
Enthusiast
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
May be user error on my end but weird thing happened. I am in 7.18.0 in Linux Mint with the addon up to date. When I downloaded all the links from my email today, instead of updating the stories in my library already, it downloaded new copies of the stories it updated and didn't give an error or anything. I just used the find duplicates and used FFF to updated the already existing books and deleted the new versions and there were no issues so I am not sure why it made new library books instead of updating. I have the setting ticked to "Update EPUB if New Chapters" and everything else looks fine, and this is the first time this issue has appeared. Just wanting to give you a heads up in case it helps you with development.
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #9935
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire070 View Post
I think I got it by adding
Code:
use_workskin:true
to the AO3 section. Can I continue to leave that in my personal.ini or should I only edit it to true for certain stories. Will it do more harm than good by leaving it default.
If you notice that the workskin is somehow screwing up a specific story download, you can just use_workskin:false in a storyUrl section.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:06 PM   #9936
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandalfTheWhite View Post
May be user error on my end but weird thing happened. I am in 7.18.0 in Linux Mint with the addon up to date. When I downloaded all the links from my email today, instead of updating the stories in my library already, it downloaded new copies of the stories it updated and didn't give an error or anything. I just used the find duplicates and used FFF to updated the already existing books and deleted the new versions and there were no issues so I am not sure why it made new library books instead of updating. I have the setting ticked to "Update EPUB if New Chapters" and everything else looks fine, and this is the first time this issue has appeared. Just wanting to give you a heads up in case it helps you with development.
Did you note what the titles/authors/story URLs of the 'new' vs 'old' stories were? Or at least what site?

There was a change to how FFF searches for existing stories to update, but it should be matching more, not less.
Old Today, 09:56 PM   #9937
DandalfTheWhite
Enthusiast
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Did you note what the titles/authors/story URLs of the 'new' vs 'old' stories were? Or at least what site?

There was a change to how FFF searches for existing stories to update, but it should be matching more, not less.
They were all AO3 links and there was like 60 in my update which were impacted. They came from AO3 email alerts in my FFF gmail account and so I don't think the URLs would be different--other than maybe I added them as "view_full_work=true" and the update URL would not have that, but that's the only thing I can think. Most (I didn't check all of them) had the same title and author. A few had some custom metadata fields like when I read it, etc.

I just tried to update a fic that was one I noticed did the dupe issue and then I entered the URL manually and I got "FanFicFare doesn't recognize chapters in existing epub, epub is probably from a different source. Use Overwrite to force update". I tried it out on a few other fics I updated today and they all gave the same error so I will do the force overwrite on them today. All the epubs were made with FFF. Let me know if you need more info and I will try to provide it!

Edit: After more testing most of the books when I try to update them just say no new chapters so that may be unrelated.

Last edited by DandalfTheWhite; Today at 10:02 PM.
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:06 PM   #9938
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

AO3 story URLs don't contain a title or anything that changes. So unless you managed to remove the identifiers:url metadata from the Calibre books, it should have found them. Unless you had selected FFF's 'Add Book' mode for some reason. FFF also has an option to match by title/author.

As for "FanFicFare doesn't recognize chapters..." that is almost always caused by editing the epubs with some other tool that restructures the epub, or breaks FFF's hidden metadata.

An alternative would if you have a chapter_start setting that doesn't include the hidden <meta> tags correctly.

If you post one of the "doesn't recognize chapters" epubs, I can probably tell you which. SFW please.

Tags
fanfiction