Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Today, 06:19 AM   #1
nerdy_knowledge
nerdy_knowledge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Problem with Kobo Utilities plugin

Hi, I'm using the latest version of Calibre on a fully updated Fedora KDE Plasma. When I install Kobo Utilities, I obviously need to restart Calibre. But after a restart, and even after completely rebooting, I keep getting the same message:

Quote:
calibre, version 7.13.0
ERROR: Must restart: You must restart calibre before you can configure the <b>Kobo Utilities</b> plugin
Obviously, restarting doesn´t help. Other plugins don´t have this issue; I only have it with Kobo Utilities and Kobo Annotations. I've been researching the problem online, but since there's only a very generic message, it's hard to find a solution online.

BTW, I have access to a Macbook, where the plugins work just fine.
nerdy_knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #2
nerdy_knowledge
nerdy_knowledge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Found it!

I reinstalled Calibre not from the Fedora repository, but from the downloadpage instead. That solved the problem.
nerdy_knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yeah, don't use Calibre from repository.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote