View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 06:17 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When did I, Claudius become a comedy?
Never.
Also it makes some Tragedies look like cosy romances with HEA. Well, it has Caligula* in it!

It's not a Murder Mystery either.

Though I only saw the BBC TV version. I didn't read the Robert Graves book.
Graves later was regarded as promoting a lot of his own fiction as real folklore or history in "The White Goddess"

He's not noted for humour and his lack of accurate research is maybe more obvious today. Sadly a lot of people take "The White Goddess" seriously.

[* Many of the allegations against Caligula are dismissed as misunderstandings, exaggeration, mockery or malicious fantasy. But not by Graves.]

You've Got mail: A RomCom like Shakespeare's Macbeth

Last edited by Quoth; 04-27-2024 at 06:28 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote