View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
So far, every firmware that has been released for the Glo has worked on the Mini. Usually, someone asks the question about the Mini in the release thread a couple of days after the release, and a little while later someone responds with a "yes". You look to be the "asker".

I would expect it to work. There is no reason to think that Kobo will have changed the build. And I think if they removed all the support, the people doing the patches would have noticed.
Thank you. I'm glad I asked the question as I was going to use JSWolf's generic Mark 4 firmware instead of the Kobo Glo firmware (I don't know if it makes any difference.)

The update went fine, but all my KePubs came back with a "Oops! Can't open this book. Check you file..." (or something like that). Side-loaded ePubs were fine. But I think the issue was there before as one of the books I recently bought from Kobo came up with that error before the update. (I thought it was a limitation of the Mini.) At any rate, thanks to MobileRead and Google search, I found that logging out and back in to your account can fix that... and it did.

The book I borrowed with the Aura Edition 2 from Overdrive showed up fine after signing out and signing back in. Before the sign out/sign in, these books would show up when syncing and then disappear afterwards. (So it may have been doing this before the update and I just didn't see it.) I like the KePub full page view better than the old patched firmware, so I think this is going to work out well.

Thank you.

(Just realized, this let me set up via WiFi after signing out. I thought the Mini wouldn't do that any more?)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote