View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 09:27 PM   #542
riverz
riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Q. View Post
Hello. This time I really have to use this method and gosh, what a hard time I have...
Having had no luck the Bluestacks way, I am trying the solution given by Riverz on page 29.
Everything runs smoothly up to the point where his instructions say : "To extract the backup file for the calibre key I went to the nox/bin install directory and ran adb backup com.amazon.kindle from there."
The problem is I have absolutely no idea where to locate the "nox/bin install directory". What I downloaded is a thing called "nox_setup_v7.0.5.9_full_intl", clicked it, installation was successful (and I guess version 7.0.5.9 instead of 7.0.5.8 Riverz used doesn't make any difference), but nowhere is anything called "nox/bin install directory" or remotely reminding thereof to be found.
Am I doing something wrong ? Shouldn't I have used this (simple and efficient) installation method for Nox ? What would be the way out of this (or rather toward that "nox/bin" stuff) ?
Sorry for appearing ridiculously untechnical, but many thanks in advance for any help you can bring. (I think - or hope - that if I can fix this, the rest of the procedure with the command lines ought to be feasible.)
On my windows 11 PC that is fairly standard in setup it is:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Nox\bin

But this main vary for you, so use a file explorer to look and check.
riverz is offline   Reply With Quote