View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 10:47 AM   #156
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Beta1 Release builds for testing new features

Okay for those who are willing to test the new features and report bugs back and work with us to track them down and get them fixed ...

We have created fresh Test-Beta1 releases for Win64, Mac-x86_64, and Mac-arm64 from today's Sigil github repo from the master branch.

I have posted them on my own BuildSigilOnMac repo in releases here:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Bu...OnMac/releases

See:

sigil-Test-Beta1-Win64-installer.zip

Sigil.app-Test-Beta1-Mac-arm64.tar.xz

Sigil.app-Test-Beta1-Mac-x86_64.tar.xz

Note these could replace the most current release in your day to day work but you can always reinstall over these when done testing by redownloading the official release binaries.

That said, Qt6.6.2 had a horrible memory leak only on macOS that lost up to a gig of memory each time Preview or PageEdit window was resized. So if you are using macOS, I would stick with this new build (the memory leak in Qt was fixed) until a new official release is made. Windows and Linux do not have that memory leak, it was macOS specific.

Check out the first post in this thread to see the list of new features that could be tested.

And of course, feel free to report any actual bugs no matter if new feature or not so we can track those down and get them fixed in Sigil before the next official release.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-26-2024 at 11:01 AM. Reason: added title
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote