View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 04:32 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Feras View Post
Hi!
I recently saw the post by enterio about some features on the kindle scribe and MTP, and he mentioned third party dictionaries, which I was not aware were possible with kindles.

so, can someone explain the method for this? I'm certain it involves converting to kfx, but is there a header or setting in calibre and the plugin to make the kindle think that this a dictionary instead of a normal book, for looking up words.

thanks.
Kindle dictionary format is the original MOBI format, not KFX. They appear as .azw on the Kindle

I do not think you need to put them in /documents/dictionaries (anywhere in /documents should work), but it's probably convenient to keep them there.

This is a good article about where to find 3rd party dictionaries or how to create your own:

Kindle Dictionary Guide: How to Add, Change, and Create Custom Kindle Dictionaries
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote