View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 09:46 AM   #60
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You should be able to register that model over wifi. But you need 2 factor authentication turned on so you get a PIN to append to your password (I think you can also set it up with an authenticator app and not just a mobile number).

I had the 4th generation Kindle (non touch) briefly just a couple of months ago and was able to register it successfully (I traded it in towards a new Kindle). The Kindle Touch is also 4th generation.
I'm not sure that this is correct. I was able to register my new Kindle that I got for Christmas without having 2 factor authentication turned on...the process was no different than it was for the last few Kindles that I registered.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote