View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I'm not sure if you realize this, but it's possible for him to own an iPad and not take it to work... right? As I said, there's a big difference between putting classified material on it (or carrying it into controlled areas), and owning a device for personal use.
I give, Shaggy. You win. It's obvious that I'm no match for your knowledge and experience.

I promise - no more posts on this subject. It would be pointless.

At the White House, getting in touch with the inner circle's inner iPads

"The device is the hot, new White House toy, a gizmo that is popping up around Washington but seems to be particularly in vogue at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave."

Apple’s iPad invades the White House

"Among the most important people using iPads are Vice President Joe Biden, Economic adviser Larry Summers, Deputy press secretary Bill Burton and Communications members Dan Pfeiffer and Ben Finkenbinder."

U.S. VP Joe Biden and Washington Politicians Love the iPad

"The story says that senior adviser David Axelrod, deputy press secretary Bill Burton, communications director Dan Pfeiffer, and press wrangler Ben Finkenbinder. Obama's Economic adviser, Larry Summers, even takes his to long staff meetings to pull up facts and figures --"

To hell with the taliban and al qaeda. To hell with an oil spill. When "in vogue" geek toys are threatened, ACTION WILL BE TAKEN!!!!

White House promises swift action on AT&T infospill

"The magnitude of this information spill is almost unprecedented,” Gibbs said. “I’ve never seen the president so angry, so really visibly angry. I mean, he was angry. He was pounding the desk in the Oval Office and yelling “Plug the damn hole!

"“This administration is in full kickass mode,” Gibbs said. The president was convening an emergency meeting of top information security experts, Gibbs added." (Would he disrupt agendas at the White House if iPads were only used at home?)

"Later in the day, during a photo opportunity with Vice President Joe Biden on the White House putting green, a visibly angry President Obama unclenched his jaw long enough to tell reporters, "If our laws were broken, leading to this death of privacy and destruction, my solemn pledge is that we will bring those responsible to justice on behalf of the victims of this catastrophe and the people of the Internet."

(".... people of the Internet" )

(Who do we invade now???)

"Gibbs was asked if the President would meet with AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson. “The president is using his highly secure mobile email device to email Mr. Stephenson even as we speak,” Gibbs said."

Reality check.
If you have a "highly secure mobile email device", and you send an email to my non-"highly secure mobile email device", is the email secure???

Side note
They refer to his Blackberry replacement as a "highly secure mobile email device". How come they don't refer to the iPad as a "highly secure mobile (whatever) device".

I give up, Shaggy. You win. Please accept my apologies. I'm wrong.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote