View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
I've never had a problem with the DX only loading part of an image, but I don't like how sometimes the next image will load quickly while other times (usually) it takes a few seconds for an image to load.

I recommend combining your images into a single pdf file. I do this with all my manga and the DX handles them like a champ.

Cons of using images for manga:
-Slow page turning
-Randomly selected the next page instead of going in alphabetical order (mangle seems to not have a problem with this, but the program I wrote couldn't do it correctly)
-You have to set it to full screen mode every time you open an image folder. Otherwise, even though it remembers that you were using fullscreen mode from the last image folder you opened, it still has a menu bar at the top of the screen.

Pros of using pdf for manga:
+Page turning speed is much faster than image changing (and it always takes the same amount of time to change pages)
+Can type a page number to go to it (you can't do that with image folders)
+Never have to worry about pages being out of order
+Shows page number at the bottom of the screen (I like knowing how many pages are left in the chapter)
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote