View Single Post
Old 06-30-2024, 03:23 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattyjunk984 View Post
I have various e-books named in various ways and I various folders. I wondered before I fire up Calibre if I could just get a few pointers,

Q1 I understand that Calibre has it's own naming structure.. Will this mean that Calibre will rename and move all my books into a set folder structure within the source folder?
Yes, calibre stores books in it's library folder using it's naming convention. Please treat calibre's library as a black box. Also do not store your calibre library on network storage. The comment about using a NAS, cloud service, whatever is "It's not a matter of if your library gets corrupted, it's when it gets corrupted".

Adding books to calibre's library does not move the books so your original copies are left in their directories. An exception is Auto-add which does delete the originals after adding library copies.

Quote:
Q2 Owning a new KOBO Clara Colour, what plugins should I be considering adding to my Calibre install?
I would suggest the KoboUtilities plugin. The KoboTouch driver is part of the basic calibre install. If you want to send kepubs rather than epubs, you can add the KoboTouchExtended driver. The DeDRM plugin is an useful plugin that you will need to add and discuss outside of MobileRead, download the latest from:
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...lease/releases.

For your Kobo, I would recommend adding NickelMenu: An integrated launcher for Kobo eReaders.

Quote:
Q3 Any tips starting out?
Start using calibre and reading on your Kobo. From that experience you can decide what addons/plugins/patches you want to use.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-30-2024 at 03:26 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote