View Single Post
Old 05-15-2024, 11:45 AM   #235
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Sigil in some places uses standard interface elements that are, as it were, 'ready' as soon as Qt is installed.
Imagine either using a ready-made "Default Save button" or writing a "Custom Save button" yourself.

These defaults are unfortunately translated directly in Qt and are just found in the qtbase_XX files.

An explanation perhaps clumsy, but hopefully understandable.

Personally, I had already suggested a few years ago that these dozen or so standard texts should be added to the main Sigil translation, but - as far as I remember - they did not want to multiply entities.

Edit: Joining qt_base files is also something very strange. Fort Firewall, for example, does it in the same way. Adds qt_base for languages for which there are translations.
https://github.com/tnodir/fort/tree/master/src/ui/i18n

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 05-22-2024 at 10:28 AM.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote