View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 04:32 PM   #57
philja
Zealot
philja began at the beginning.

Device: none
config.xml

I've upgraded the plugin to 0.4.1 in order to make some tests with the config.xml to see if I can improve on the results I obtained previously (in 2022) with the conversion of lists from the odt to the epub.

On reading the latest "user-manual-Writer2xhtml17.odt" with special reference to anything mentioning lists, I saw the option "list_formatting" with three possible values - ignore_all, convert_labels, convert_all. This is at odds with line 20 in the config.xml supplied with the plugin 0.4.1 which quotes "value=css1"

The footnote (7) in the writer2xhtml17 documentation says that option "list_formatting" is a new option in v17 and replaces a previous option called "list_hack". The option was already called "list_formatting" back in writer2latex v1.4 (page 51) and at that time, a possible value was indeed css1. That value no longer exists so line 20 of config.xml could be updated in the current plugin version.

Incidentally, when updating the plugin in Sigil, I made a rookie error. Using Sigil's gui for Manage Plugins, I removed the old version and installed the new one. And my customised epub.css and config.xml files were lost, replaced by the basic versions in the new zip file. Fortunately, I had ~ backups from which to recover them—a useful reminder to keep copies in a safe place.
philja is offline   Reply With Quote