View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 12:40 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycojesus View Post
As a software programmer myself my position is that I, the user, should not have to care about this. If the software let me do it then it should work. I'm just happy the problem seem to be fixed and I can go back to not have to care and let the software do its job.
Thing is, on 4.38, I've plugged in my L2 while I was in the middle of a book (because I fand it worked. I've done this a few times when I've forgotten to go back to the home screen. So just because it worked doesn't mean it works.

You won't know until many more people on MR have a new Kobo with the new firmware. Besides, you will end up at home screen anyway when you eject and unplug.

That's the problem with a bug like this. It's intermittent and if it still exists, it can pop up at any time. I do hope it's fixed. But if too many others do the reboot before connecting, we may never know if it's fixed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote