View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:51 AM   #423
Julie Paradise
Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW Scribe Palma Poke5 NovaAir2 NA3C TUC Max2 TabX A6X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
You will like Calibre. It adds so much functionality and fun to book ownership, in addition to handling local copies of your books for safety/security. [...] Welcome to Calibre. Despite probably having ended up here due to the initial fright of a disappearing book collection, you're going to like Calibre for everything it can do. There is nothing that even comes close to it.
Yeah, thanks so much for welcoming me!

And yes, I already really like Calibre and made it do for me what I wanted to do, in conjunction with, ahem, several Boox devices to now enjoy my books on. I am a professional (copy) editor and thus really truly need to work with most of my books, so losing them would be very awful. I also just want to freely use my books in more ways than Kindle would let me do it, so having enhanced functionalities like handwriting on EPUBs (which Kindle's format sadly does not support) is a game changer.

Knowing that my local safe files are ... well, safe ... is just amazing. (And yes, since I am in the business of producing books and even e-books myself I know that pirating is not cool and hurts people, but on the other hand these books are meant to be read, used, worked with, not to rot on a shelf.)

But: Books disappearing from my Kindle was a serious red flag and a huge no-no.
Julie Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote