Thread: Does kobo spy?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 04:43 AM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Hi. I pull up this topic.
Talking about the DRM issue on another discussion group.. I was alerted by someone that removing it is quite risky because inside a protected epub there are a lot of hidden markers and UUID..

For what you know, is it true?
The UUID is not a watermark. I have removed the DRM from plenty of ePub and I've seen the code and there are not lots of hidden markers. Also, DeDRM has an option to remove watermarks which do remove the UUID and other things if they are there. This would be done should the ePub had DRM or not. DeDRM even removes the Kindle eBook watermark even if the eBook has no DRM.

You are worrying over nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
I lost the habit..honestly. I don't remove the DRM and I certainly don't share my files. I just want to know more about the matter in deep.
Anyway, it is said everywhere that the act itself, for one's personal use or not is in fact an offence.
We the final users must face facts, for unfair they could be.
As long as removing DRM s for your personal use, there's no offense. It's called fair use.

It seems wherever you get your information is wrong about most everything.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-03-2024 at 04:48 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote