View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 04:07 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
I get most of my books from Amazon and convert them to epub.

This time I tried with an epub I downloaded from Standard Ebooks (I found this site in this forum).

They render the chapter header differently. I checked Calibre and it renders it the same way than KOReader:

Does the stock kernel ignores font-variant: small-caps;?
Why I is cursive? It should be bold according to the styles
It also ignores some other margin stuff.

I know you always clean the epubs to make them look like you want, so you can tell me what is going here.

Attachment 207945
The ePub reading software is an older version of RMSDK that doesn't do ePub 3 all that well. small-caps is not supported.

Please get an ePub from the MR library. ePub from StandardEbooks do not always work well with RMSDK on a Kobo. So the results can be different from ePub via RMSDK and ePub via KOReader.

Try this one as I did the formatting and I know it will work well on both RMSDK and KOReader. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=177182

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-30-2024 at 04:11 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote