View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 01:59 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkpsusmitaa View Post
I have been using Calibre for a few years now as an ebook reader.

I am interested in creating a word/phrase Index usually available at the end of a book and linking them to the places where the words or phrases are.

I can use a python script for sorting out words (greater than 3 chars) and phrases.

I was wondering if I could learn to incorporate the aforesaid list available with the text document in calibre in a WYSIWYG environment. So that I could click on a particular word or a phrase in the index created with the said list and let Calibre take me to the word. I have already seen this in Calibre and the xml codes available.

I have used recoll+xapian to create a database of words and also binary string searches for a zim desktop wiki multiple text files, but the recoll frontend can not used for a book. An index at the end of a book is the preferred system.

This was my primary objective for my initially joining the MobileRead forums. I also see that there are avenues for further growth.

I would expect that the forums assists in my growth.

Best wishes,
Rajib
The Sigil EPUB Editor has a tool to build an index, I can't see one in the calibre book editor.

I also suggest you have a look in the Workshop forum where you'll find threads such as this one ==>> cross-referencing in an EPUB?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote