View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 07:59 AM   #49
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Pocketbook, Onyx, Bigme etc have been pursuing niches at a high price unserved by others and are pretty small. The Libra Colour will hurt them more than it helps Kobo.

Judging by the size of the companies doing colour eink till now there are few buying it, and that's a niche within eink that itself is a niche dominated by Amazon Kindle with Kobo at #2.

Also look at numbers of views and posts on each make on the forum.
I think this will mainly serve to normalize color e-readers. I'm also quite sure that we'll only see any significant changes in buyer behavior in a few years, as probably only enthusiasts and early adopters will buy a new e-reader just for color / note-taking right away. So Kobo has enough time to improve their software for mainstream users

I'm curious if the new devices will cannibalize the Elipsa 2e series.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote