View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 11:15 AM   #30
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Another great idea!

Thank you! We could also get a back button if they made their on turner. People are always complaining about not being able to page back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A Bluetooth page turner? Talk about a niche device for a niche market.

Unless you have a disability that makes holding an ereader in your hands impossible, normal reading distance (~35cm for young adults and dropping as presbyopia sets in) limits the need for any page turning device.

I will mention that I have three acquaintances who are unable to hold an ereader with their hands but for them, holding a Bluetooth clicker is not possible. Two of them are using a mouth switch to trigger a device that taps the screen to turn a page, the other one is using a device cobbled together by a techie group to achieve similar results by using a pneumatic switch where they blow to page forward or tap and hold and suck to achieve a page back.
I find that non-disabled people almost always say this about something new that they deem unnecessary until they try it, like it, and then it’s ok for everyone to want it. You don’t have to be disabled to want this. It’s doesn’t have to be a matter of laziness. It’s perfectly fine to just want the convenience of something.

I don’t know if you’ve been paying attention but page turners are popular in this niche community. Go on any book community social media and you’ll find it in nearly every ereader must have video. These are regular people not nerds like us here. I’m willing to bet good money the majority of these people using page turners aren’t disabled.

I am disabled. I don’t hold my Kindle often. When I do hold it it’s because I’m outside and tilted back in my wheelchair. I use gravity to help me hold it. My pager turners are assistive technology (AT) for me just like my Kindle. When I’m reading in bed my Kindle sits on my overbed table on a tablet stand. I can read while upright or reclined in my hospital bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I have one of these specifically for turning pages of digital sheet music.

Of course it is another matter to develop the coordination to operate it while also playing some instrument.

There are some less costly alternatives, e.g.:

https://www.soundbrenner.com/blog/to...for-musicians/

This would’ve been so useful back when I still playing violin. Someone always had to turn the page for me.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote