Old 01-24-2024, 09:01 AM   #733
moshin
moshin began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Air 3C, Kindly PW 7th Gen
Can't get out of Managed Mode without wiping everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgram View Post
Hello everyone , first post here!
First of all, thanks for the hard work to get to this JailBreak !

I have an issue that i don't really understand on Kindle Scribe 15.16.2.0.1
I followed the wiki, but some odd stuff happened :

- Step 6 : After pressing "Done", KPPMainApp error message appears, then leads to a broken demo mode ( ;commands does nothing and after few seconds redirects on home screen). Needs a restart to work correctly.

- Step 14 : Tested several times and the fastest as possible but it always acts the same.
Connect, transfer, safely eject, disconnect KS then wait for 2min.
Within the 2min, KS reboots itself, no language select, no jailbreak log during startup. Startup ends on "Setup your kindle" in English (previous language was French), no log file created. After setting up, Jailbreak files are still on the device.

On each try, I did a factory reset on the KS.
I've never been able to select Chinese as the device language.

Thanks in advance for your help !

I have a paperwhite 3, and I had a very similar experience. MANY attempts, but I finally got pretty far last night before hitting a new frustrating problem (More on that below)

I think things went sideways (guessing) either because I didnt have airplane mode on when starting, and/or when, after selecting reselling device to not copy over the files and eject safely, or after the KPP crash I would force a reboot.

Eventually last night I was able to pull it off. So hang in there, keep trying.
I thought I would never get the weird Psuedot button even when I thought it was working, but eventually I did.

I got everything dialed in and installed it was great. But I couldn't get it out of managed mode. When i ;demo to get out of manage mode it wipes all the of CFW/JB/KUAL everything.

so close, yet so far away.

Anyone know how I can NOT lose everything and still somehow get out of the managed mode.

Thanks in advance
moshin is offline   Reply With Quote