View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 06:02 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Apparently it is something that can happen on other Android devices with custom launchers. Amazon has just not anticipated this situation with theirs.

I don't know what it takes these days to get them to fix things. As a former software quality engineer, I always make a point to report the things I find. There was a pretty obvious bug with immersion reading with the iOS app that caused overwriting of reading position when switching from one book to another. I must have reported it about 6 times by one means or another. 6 months later, it is finally fixed. The last time I reported was on Amazon Device forum. Someone posted that 'oh, Amazon doesn't pay attention to bug reports here', but maybe they do.

This is the first Fire which I've paid to remove the 'special offers'. Having fingerprint unlock is worthless if you still have to swipe the ad away. And it removes the ads from Home Screen as well.
Well, the offending gray square is suddenly gone: Poof! It's not in the folder where I put it--nor in any other folder in case I made a mistake when dragging it. It's just gone, like it never was. While I am happy it disappeared, I am incredibly annoyed about all the wasted time.

I kept the special offers on my first Fire tablet, but paid to get rid of them on my last one and on the new one. I am frugal, but the ads were annoying. I did not use the fingerprint or even a password on the Fire 11. I find the fingerprint sensor on my phone very erratic and didn't want to bother with using it on a tablet that usually stays home.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote