View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 09:30 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks, that's what I decided to do; I had a folder for News already, so I put the Newsstand nonexistent app there. It will annoy me less if I don't see it. But why there isn't a simple option to get rid of a placeholder is baffling. Surely other customers upgrading from earlier tablets must have encountered the same situation of an incompatible or discontinued app.
Apparently it is something that can happen on other Android devices with custom launchers. Amazon has just not anticipated this situation with theirs.

I don't know what it takes these days to get them to fix things. As a former software quality engineer, I always make a point to report the things I find. There was a pretty obvious bug with immersion reading with the iOS app that caused overwriting of reading position when switching from one book to another. I must have reported it about 6 times by one means or another. 6 months later, it is finally fixed. The last time I reported was on Amazon Device forum. Someone posted that 'oh, Amazon doesn't pay attention to bug reports here', but maybe they do.

This is the first Fire which I've paid to remove the 'special offers'. Having fingerprint unlock is worthless if you still have to swipe the ad away. And it removes the ads from Home Screen as well.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote