View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 08:37 AM   #228
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Volunteers request languages on Transifex. Transifex hosts our opensource project for free. I did not create the Transifex site. We download and install into Sigil the translations that the volunteers create and support. Sigil can decide which to install (only those 70 - 75% or more complete) and ship with Sigil. I could probably delete some languages, but I am loathe to do that when someone might still be using them with their own Sigil builds.

The region need only be used if the same base language differs across different countries or regions. Otherwise if all else equal we choose the language only version. Danish users probably understand the simple level of English in the qtbase translations so well they do not care.

So it is the volunteer translators that control this process which is right as they are the ones volunteering their time and energy.

Join the Sigil project at Transifex and start to work on the uk translation if you want to have more control.

I will rename the uk_UA ts file before committing it to the Sigil build tree.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote